Friday, October 29, 2010

How things change...

Had a chance to go to KL for a very very short trip recently. Nothing much, but managed to go on the customary Komuter ride to MidValley. Heard in the papers about the "Women only coach" but it's a different thing hearing about it compared to experience it. I was pleasantly reminded of this by the signs on the railtrack floors.

Perhaps I went on a workday, so the crowd was very thin. Not much jostling. I'm not sure if that's because it's a work day or if it's due to the "women only coach". I believe it's because of the former as there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that women can get crazy! What bugged me though was the fact that the "guard" of the "women-only" coach was a guy! I'm not sure what is the reason to this choice. Is it because, any male rascal trying to ride the special coach would be afraid of a male guard (and would totally ignore the warnings of a lady guard) or is it because, there's simply no lady guard available. I had to secrectly take this photo - I wanted to show the pink label on the Komuter's window to prove to you it's a women-only coach :)


MPH in Midvalley used to be one of those places that I love to go to get my Churchy books and resources. I needed some stuff from there and marched purposely to where I know I would find them (time was tight on this trip). Lo and behold!! What greeted me was not the familiar, but instead heaps upon heaps of resource belonging to my Ishmael cousins were proudly on display. With a heavy sigh, I asked where the section were relocated to, and further disappointed came when I saw that it was at the furthest unwanted end, with only a sorry, minimal resources left.

It's different now. It's almost scary.

2 comments:

  1. hehee...MPH had long time change the place..it's near the magazines now...i think they change it cos it was near the entrance...!
    about the coach..! hmm the last time i went there were guys in the coach..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's way way waaaaayyyy at the back now the section... and so so so little resources...

    ar?? there were guys?? really??? silly - they must be blind - can't read the signs! (or they wanna be ladies?)

    ReplyDelete