Monday, October 25, 2010

Buttery Goodness

Who knows Kjeldsens, please raise up your hand? OK, ok... wrong questioned asked... who does not know Kjeldsens?? What? No hands up?? Wow.... :)

Well, actually, not surprising huh? Almost everyone knows these Danish buttery delight. These were a luxury in our home when we were kids - and it's still now considered a luxury (you can't deny it IS expensive right?).

So, what do you do when you crave for some buttery goodness, but am tight on a budget? You BAKE your own butter cookies of course :)

Over at our Bits and Bites, these cookies are being described as...
… Traditional, simple, down to earth buttery goodness with every bite…

I made these recently, not for own craving, but as gifts to give away - a token of appreciation for my team who worked really hard to make an event a success. Me, being the typical me was very indecisive as to what to make or when to make or... if I even should make.... or... if the recepient will like them. But then, I thought I'll just make them anyways... So I started out the project at 8pm. Made 2 batches of dough and by 12.30am, I was done packing them away.

Cookie dough, pressed cookie dough on sheets ready to be baked and cookie gun. The cookie gun is from my mom's time... I think it's about 36 yrs old now. My mom keeps her things really well. Notice the different designs one can choose from? Those are just a few from the many.

Here's a batch just out from the oven. Cooling down on wire rack before transfering to air tight containers.


When I was young, one of the designs I loved to press out is the above. I told Mom, we need to make these design because it looks a lot like rugby balls. Dad would definately love them as Dad was playing rugby in those days, was my logic.


Here are the cookies, packed ready to be given away, with a note written on each tub especially for each person.
There was I think about 6 pcs left after the packing so each of us got one piece. Comforting muchies. I heard that the recipients (and their family) loved the cookies ;-)
And I love my team (and am truly grateful for having them).

5 comments:

  1. yum.. yum..
    ini mesti mau belajar owh ni..
    sila lihat komen-komen di blog c jen.
    macam semangat membaking jak semua orang ni. and mungkin jadi agenda penting d kch come november. wah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe... perkembangan bagus ni semua org semangat membaking :) Nanti semua bule bawa baked goodies back pas the trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy...can i have some of this to take back to kajang? i have decided...i dont like baking i like roasting!! hehehee...!!(aduii..gumuk lah aku ni!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha... nanti kita buat ramai2 ya... (as if got so much time) :) I like roasting too... but roasting meat please... veg? can u train me to like the IDEA of roasting veg? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet potatoes roast nyaman dyyyyyyy...!!i likes!!!!!kita roast terungs...!

    ReplyDelete