Friday, October 1, 2010

Dry as a desert

My poor blog... My poor, poor blog... Sigh... What's this called? This... emptyness, this... mental block... this... DRYNESS... Writer's block I believe it's called? Yes... yes... that's what I'm suffering from at the moment... Sigh.

I have been extremely physically drained lately. I still bake every now and then, but just the usual stuff and not with the usual every-night-craze any more. The latest bake would be an Orange Butter Cake, last night, one the request of my dearest mother, but didn't have the energy to snap photos (and the lack of props propels me futher into my sea of energyless-ness [is there such a word?]). I'll see what I can do on the photo later tonight.

I was driving home on a rare day that I leave the office when there's still light and I saw this. Stopped my car at the road side and yet again tried to capture the beauty with my mobile camera - this totally does not justify the beauty - but it will do. The mixture of beautiful colours in the sky, the rippling clouds, the majestic mountain at the far end, the calming greenary, the steady and consistent promise of the street lamps makes the long road ahead seems bearable. I spent a couple of minutes more being still and quiet in the car, just to be in awe of the Creator. Just to be.


It's the sunset of the year now. It's almost ending. Amazingly fast. The busy season is back. With weddings, exams, holidays, meetings and plannings for 2011 whole year activities - both personal and church and Christmas coming up, everything goes into a frenzy of activities, every night is a meeting after another. This is just like all the elements of the photos above eh? All the elements that seen separately, might not be too pleasing to the eyes, but put together, makes us to just be still and quiet before Him. Because the long road ahead IS bearable, with our eyes focused on Him.

And I shall quote a dear friend "Next year will be much better than this year". Amen.

Happy Weekend Peeps. Lots love.

4 comments:

  1. owh! its only october... rasa macam habis sudah tahun ni tau. tetiba kerja berlambak-lambak datang. thank God for Health tho'. ko sihat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank God for health. I'm OK health wise. Just hari hari body macam kena tumbuk 10 orang ni... Oh ya, got ur roller cutter. Pass it over to you on our next date. Remind me. Roller. Key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ayayayyayay!!!! WANT IT BAD! when leh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiakhiak! We're due on the 15th. But we can do it this week. Thursday OK? :)

    ReplyDelete