Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Law of the Society

Etiquette.


Wiki says this...

Etiquette is a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group.

Okay, put all those akin to "which spoon / fork is correct to use?" issues aside, there's GOT TO BE a certain code of behaviour - be it written or not. Things like chewing with one's mouth close, not putting on one's music till it bothers other people around, not SHOUTING when one is supposed to be talking, covering the mouth when one coughs, drawing the line between being "cute" / "loveable" vs. professional in the office environment, etc... all these - there's gotta be a rule governing all these right? Right??


While I'm not the perfect etiqutte queen, I am on the verge of insanity over microdetails I know I need to close one eye to. It BUGS me, it REALLY does. God help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment