Monday, October 4, 2010

Scrumdidilyumptious

This is a bun shop that I frequent quite a lot before. Xiao Pa Wang I think is the name (or something like that - no idea what is it in English). The original shop is in Padungan and now there's a 2nd shop in Tabuan Stutong Baru area. This shop churns out the well loved Ham bun, Cha Sio Bun and a lot more. One of the discovery I made was their Chocolate Bun. It's chocolaty, light and fluffy at the same time.


Then, I came across this and started thinking if I REALLY could replicate such wonderful buns at home. So I gathered the ingredients and started working on it. This is another oh-so-easy-throw-them-all-in recipe. The exact kind of recipe that I love.

Throw ingredients in. Mix. Let proof.


Roll. Sprikle. Roll up.


Flatten, Cut.


Twist. Bake.


Devour.



The result? I will never, ever, go back to the store bought chocolate bun no more. Really. This home made twisted bun is absolutely wicked. It's almost like biting into a chocolate bar, but with some bun inside. The bun portion was soft and fluffy and remains that way even after a couple of days.

It's also very very easy to make - so easy infact, that I immediately whipped up another batch on the next day for my office mates. Each batch does not yield that much, so you will not be left with too many for too long. The only thing that I might need to work on is the twisting part. With the first batch I twisted them up and with this, lots of the chocolately sugary goodness that fell out of the dough so I decided not to twist them on the 2nd batch. But I do think that with the twisting, the buns becomes fluffier. The 2nd batch (untwisted) was quiet dense. I will need to work on twisting, with minimal wastage, so it will really be as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory says- Scrumdidilyumptious!

5 comments:

  1. wish there was delivery to here...i would order everyday for breakfast...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kan? mun ada early morning flight - then reach u fresh and warm... heheheh... as if lah ur fren this so rajin wanna make everyday... Next on must try list - Roti Boy kah that jane? heheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is yummy... and I loved being ur guinea pig... wakakakakaka... hmm... i wonder wat next? Waiting for ur bun shop to open soon la...

    ReplyDelete
  4. steph - thanks for ur loyal support :) Still a looooonnnnnggggg way (if ever) for my bun shop.

    Togs - will try to make and bring on our next date :)

    ReplyDelete