Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wrapped Up Crunchy Goodness

I have a bad habit. A very very bad habit, which I forgot I have, till my mom reminded me last night. I tend to embark on silly project (s) - normally more than one at the same time, when there's a big exam coming up. When I was sitting for my term exams, UPSR, PMR, SPM etc, etc, on the night of the paper, I will have my nose buried deep - not in my books, but in my projects. This will normally be bakes, cooks or stitches. This time round, it's not my exam, but Noel's - which is equally important and the Bug came like crazy last night. As I was into my 3rd project for the night, my mom reminded me that there will be no more project for the week as Noel's exam is starting on Wed. Only then I realised, this habit of mine came back! Gosh. OK, I better keep myself in check when it's exam time.

3 projects?? Yes, you read me right - 3 projects at one go. I started at 8pm, done by 12am. The most important project was this...

Yes, the oh so yummm and simple Popiah (Spring Rolls) :) I've been craving for these for ages, but each buy at stalls makes me evermore so disappointed. In the end, I told myself, I need to make these at home. Got some turnip (mengkuang) CORRECTION from Kukuanga - SENGKUANG; not mengkuang :) + carrot + dried shrimp and popiah skin. Rolled them up last nite, fried a few just to satisfy the craving and kept the rest in the fridge to be fried this morning. What a wonderful late night and early morning treat! I packed some for the office but can't stop myself from gobbling a couple in the car (blame the trafic!). My apologies to the drivers next to me if they are fasting! :)

I'll write up about my other 2 projects in the coming days. The photos I took this morning with my humble phone was really hideous so let me go back and try to get better ones (I hope there's still something left for me to take photos off!)

2 comments:

  1. ayayayayay... look sadap! sengkuang la that dy, mengkuang is a species of pandanus.oooo my!.. come stori-stori about the other 2 projs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheheh... sengkuang kah tu? Biasa bah we call it mengkuang :) okok.. pasni tukar :P

    2 other projects coming up :)

    ReplyDelete