Friday, August 20, 2010

Double Roti Part IV

I am having trouble keeping up with the Roman numbering! hahaa... i'll stick to normal numbers after this!

Right, I'm late for today's update... been a busy morning! Today's sandwich is what Jane would clasify as... non-traditional :) It's Cucumber Corn Shrimp Sandwich. Another summer-ish sandwich :)


For this sandwich, you will need:
Shrimp - boiled with some salt water and de-shell
Yogurt - Still sticking to the "healhtier" cream - and still sticking to Tropical Mixed Fruit that I used yesterday (actually, need to finish up the tub :P)
Cucumber - slice thinly
Corn Kernels - I am a HUGE fan of Ligo Corn Kernels - really really - if I'm cooking with this, I just neeeeddd to have a spoonful right out of the can. Errm, it kindda looks like my kids are getting this habit from me as well! Grab some and drain well. Mix it into the yogurt.
Burger buns - again, any kind of bread is OK - but I still wanted to continue with the round theme :)
Assemble:
Lower half of bun + yogurt (already mixed with corn) + shrimp
Top half + yogurt (only - no corn) + cucumber
Sandwich together. See below pattern? Nice, but I guarantee Kukuanga's hexies are much nicer!! Can't wait to see!!

The taste? The sweetness of the corn, with the sourish taste of the yogurt combined with the crunch of the cucumber and the fresh bite of the shrimp... heavenly.. the colours are beautiful as well! I didn't manage to stop myself from eating half as I was preparing these this morning :)



Apart from these as my packed food today, I also have... Bread pudding! Yummy! Remember on the day we made sandwiches from 2 loaves of bread? Well, we always trim the sides and keep them - normally to make bread pudding. I never make this as this is my mom's specialty. We use normal bread slices as well, but this is a good way to use the bread sides (especially if you're lazy to go to the park and feed to hungry fishes - like me! ehem!)

I think it's bread arranged in pan + fresh milk + egg + raisin on top + sugar = pop in oven. Mom made 2 trays - one with normal caster sugar (which was dusted with icing sugar when it comes out from the oven) and another one - with brown sugar and cinnamon on top (guess who is the culprit for this request?) We couldn't wait for these to cool down and had it almost immediately as it came out from the oven!


It's FRIDAY peeps!!!! Hurray!!! Have a great weekend ahead! I do not think I would be continuing with the Double Roti adventures next week, but then again, never say never eh? I'll now leave you with Mr. Dagwood Bumstead - he's a guy who definately loves his sandwich!


4 comments:

  1. YIKES...are you realy DY?? are you?? does these kind of sanwiches exist???!! haha...see i told you you guys shud open a bakery...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES!!! I THINK i am dy! ahahhah... well, at least i think i am lar :P yeah, this kind of sandwiches does exist... more existing out there!!! yeah... teringin mo buka... never say never kan? and never let the dream die.. kan kan? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uiihhh.... best la dis idea. Shrimps love me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... really nyam this sandwich.. simple to prepare juak... Try lah... Shrimps loves we all!! hiakhiak!

    ReplyDelete