Thursday, August 19, 2010

Double Roti Part III

It's dark, cloudy and rainy in Kuching today... Would be perfect for a creamy rich hot soup... But instead of that, today's sandwich is quiet summer-ish. It's called Chicken Pineapple sandwich. I didn't manage to take too many photos so I will just leave you with one of the sandwich being assembled. This is a very light sandwich that is very healthy and refreshing.

Things you need / need to do:

Chicken breast - Clean, get rid of skin etc - make sure it's lean :) Marinade it with teriyaki sauce (I used Kikkoman's) for at least 1/2 hour. My ratio will be 1 chicken breast : 1 spoon sauce. Then arrange on tray and pop into oven.

Pineapple - you might want to use fresh ones, but being the lazy person I am, I used the canned ones (ring form - not cubed) :) Drain well, arrange on wire rack and pop into oven above the chicken. The excess juice will drop on your chicken and makes it absorb a pineapple-y taste.

Yogurt - for dressing. I opted to use yogurt instead of the normal mayo because there's such a wide variety of choice available which are fat free. Choose one of those fruity ones that goes with the tropical theme - I used NESTLÉ® FAT FREE YOGURT Tropical & Mixed Fruits. You will need ample amount of these as chicken breast tends to be dry.

Green lettuces, tomato etc... - I was out on tomotoes so used my greens only.

Burger buns - I opt for these instead of your normal bread just so it's consistent with the ring shape of the pineapples :) Any bread will do. Do like you'd normally do for a burger bun - spread butter and heat up (or in my case - char!) in pan.

Assemble: lower half of bun + greens + good big dallop of yogurt + chicken + pineapple + top half of bun.

Now, on the chicken - you may opt to just put the whole meat on, or, like me, you can opt to slice them up - just so it's easier to eat in the office - if you're making this at home, by all means, just put the whole slab of chicken on!

This is a great idea if you're working on a barbeque / grill. Just make some extras for sandwiches on the next day. After all, that's what sandwiches are for - to use up (purposely done) leftovers! :)

Without further adieu, I present you... Chicken Pineapple Sandwich (do not be fooled by those tiny slices, I just wanted to show you the layers. Heaps more were put on after this pix!! haha)



One more day to the weekend peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Nyeh...don't get me wrong...i just stick to traditional sandwiches :P (sebenarnya mo cakap aku pemalas mo buat all that...)
    terus perut ku keroncong2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... actually, sandwiches nang should be from leftovers kan... so we dont have to go through all the long process... but it was fun preparing all these last night for a fast assembly this morning :)

    so, what's categorized under "traditional"?

    ReplyDelete