Monday, December 19, 2011

When I die... Part 1

Right.. so here we are at the "awaited" post. Having just had another B-Day (Blessed Birthday) and having gone through so many funerals which needed long talks and long discussions on"what to dos", I thought I'll save some people the trouble and write down what I'd want / the way I wanna do it. This of course is based on the assumption that the persons indicated can come to my funeral and can take part... else... hehehe... the family will need to figure out lah that...

It does feels weird to do this write up, but with the power bestowed upon me by My Lord (my body belongs to me right?), I now decree that these arrangement should be used in the case of my departure :)

Part 1 - basically what / how I'd want to go about... Part 2 etc will be on the funeral program itself :) Let's get the ball rolling...

When I die, I don’t want people to pull long face… smile, chat, laugh at the memories of me… I’m sure you don’t remember me as a long faced person right? :) But I'd accept the need to go through the human grief cycle... so actually, tears are OK :) Just don't go about with long face and howling etc :)

When I die, I don’t want to go in a sea of black – I want to be drowned in colours! My funeral service – please, make sure everyone attends in colourful attire – it’s a party!!! Though I love wearing black for its slimming effect, I love colours too :) I hate cracking my head on what to wear for a funeral, so, yeah, any colour will be OK!

When I die, I don’t want sorrowful songs – it’s a joyous day!!! Away from earthly pains and sufferings!

When I die,, I don’t want people to mourn for days and weeks long… I want people to laugh and smile and think of all those laughter moments we had together… bounce and smile should be in their voices… I will still want to keep to 3 days before I’m “deposited”, mainly because this will be one of those rare times my loved ones can gather and spend some time together.

When I die, I don’t want people to give their money – I’m dead anyways… please, take the money and buy someone dear to you a meal – enjoy each other whilst you can! [yes, I will make sure I’ve got some mullah stashed away to enable this! Right now, I don't have sufficient $$ yet lah, so, erm... let's hope my time is not up yet - else, yeah, still gotta contribute $$ to me! kehkeh]

When I die, don’t send me flowers / wreath – what a waste!!! I won’t be able to enjoy them anyways – please, buy a bouquet for the ones you love… they deserve it more.

When I die, I’d love to have people bake what they love to bake be it cakes or cookies or bread or buns in my kitchen and share it with the ones around… my kitchen to smell heavenly the whole time – what a great departure from my earthly body!

Should I be deposited to earth or cremated? I do think that coffins are ridiculously priced – so please, use the cheapest one you can get. I did think that if one chose cremation, one does not need coffin – which means a bulk of $$ will be “saved”. But I found out recently that still need to be placed in coffin? Tsk tsk… what a waste of money… But when thinking of not much land left, cost of grave land, the need to clean the grave every now and then… hmmm… yeah, maybe I’ll stick to being cremated. The ashes? Hmm… I love the sea don’t I? Strewn over the sea somewhere (Santubong?) would be nice.



What baju to wear in the coffin? Red! Hahahah... Red dress (I don't have this yet) or red blouse (I've only got one knitted top) or anything red lah :) Note to self - need to find more red attire :) Imagine tetiba in Santarina costume coz cannot find any red in my wardrobe!


That's what I have so far.... Any thoughts? Anything I forgot? Of course open for discussion Mates! :)


Just so that this will not be a picture-less post, here's our church van decorated simply for the recent Christmas parade in Kuching (17 Dec).



Report here: http://www.theborneopost.com/2011/12/19/some-6000-participate-in-christmas-parade/

4 comments:

  1. will add more after itu post #2 siap.. ini post kan... downright crazy! but, mesti buat juga ni kan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheheh... i think it will run up till 5 days ini series... so jenguk2 lah though u oredi at home :)

    it is crazy, but yeah... perlu baini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kinda think that we can plan but it's up to the people yg hidup last2 to sempurnakan kan?
    all i can say is i want to go peacefully and tidak menyusahkan org...

    kadang2 rasa best kalau just kan be vaporize into habuks hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe... yeah, of course it will be subjected to those yang still alive at that point of time... but at least it's good to have a guideline ;)

    yeah... would save lots $$ kan if can vaporize!!

    ReplyDelete