Monday, January 18, 2010

A week's journey - Part 1

Since last week, our family has kindda committed to go to English Service after Bahasa. The main reason for this is so that Noel can go to English Sunday School (SS). Not sure how long we can cope with the long hours (8am Bahasa Service, 10.30am English - which also means we have to tabao something to eat in the car in between services). Noel is enjoying his Sunday School a lot. He's a brave little one, yes, he is. Yesterday, during the Praise and Worship (before dispersing to their own classes), he even went infront of the whole SS to recite the Lord's prayer. He was the only one who dared!! His class teacher is all over him too - attentive little one they say. YEAY!! *Sorry, proud mom syndrom! Hohoho!*

I was greatly encouraged by the Praise & Worship songs that were sung in the service yesterday. The trail of songs, led me to once again, hold on to the Strong and Mighty hand of my Father, who is so Great and Awesome. Humans are never secured somehow, perhaps we are designed that way, to forever have this insecurity that only He and He alone can calm. It's a list of... 6 songs... so I'll have a song to share each day (YEAY!)... Let's go on a beautiful journey with Him this week!
Whilst I will learn how to post videos in this blog (erm, how that to dl from youtube??? hehe)... I also will note the lyrics of the songs as there is such weight in the words...
For Who You Are...

Standing here, in Your presence
Thinking of the good things You have done
Waiting here, patiently
Just to hear Your still small voice again

Holy, righteous, faithful to the end
Savior, healer, redeemer and friend
Chorus:
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are Jesus
BRIDGE
My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures always
My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures always
My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures always
At times, I forget.. forget to count my blessings.. forget to wait for Him, to wait and to listen... He doesn't need to shout to get my attention. Just a simple whisper causes me to fall to my knees... in Him, my soul is forever secure... as I stand on His promises that is always, ALWAYS forever will be sure. I don't have to worry... just hang on... Just hang on...
Aside, GOSH!!! I write uber long entries!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment