Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Have A Dream... A Song to sing..

I have a dream
A song to sing
To help me cope
With anything
If you see the wonder
Of a fairy tale
You can take the future
Even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream
I have a dream
~ABBA~

Once upon a time, together with 3 other very dear friends, we conjured up an idea to open a bakery cum bookshop and we were to call it, "Our Daily Bread". Bread i.e. for the breads, buns, cakes etc. that I so love to bake, and also for the books (Christian books esp.) that we were gonna have in our shop. We imagined, of even having a jamming room set up for the kids to nurture their music talents. It would be cool, to have kids tell their parents, "Mom / Dad, I'm going to be at Daily Bread after school". It would be even cool-er, to have the parents trust us with their kids. Trust that they are in good care, that they are doing their school work whilst also being nurtured in their walk with the Lord. Time passed, the 4 of us grew up. I'm not sure about the rest, but I still have that dream.

Few years back, mom & I sold goodies for CNY. Then, life got too busy for us to a point that we even stopped baking for Christmas. Last year, every now and then, I get orders for my humble cakes (Thanks, boss!) which is like a drug for me to continue my days on :) Recently though, mom and I came up with Bits and Bites... just a list of homemade cookies and cakes that we thought we'd sell for the upcoming CNY. The monster I thought I had laid to rest emerged again. I went crazy wording up "the menu", I felt more excited in these couple of days than I have been in the whole 2009!! The support we've received in form of orders have been overwhelming. I am so grateful for the bunch of people who ridiculously trust us with their CNY goodies (sniff, sniff). Mom had ecstatically began her planning and buying of ingredients.

Perhaps, this little step into the unknown will bring me closer to that dream of mine. Perhaps, I am being shown, what joy it is to be doing something I love (though it means having to carry 15kgs of pineapple filling in my backpack early Saturday morning!). Perhaps, nothing is as fulfilling as giving to others yummy treats made with love (though that also means having the minimal amount of sleep! Here i am still awake at 12 midnite Sunday!). But hey, I am not complaining. On the opposite, I am absolutely overjoyed. Perhaps, like ABBA's song, one day, when I know the time is right for me, I'll cross the stream, into my dream.

4 comments:

  1. wow you have menus??Never let that dream die k..if you do you'll have nothing to hope for..(apa aku cakap ni..???)it's this little thingy in us bah..wat we want to do but seems so far a cry...so this little things are wat we have to cling on..

    all the best...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen.. have u tried Dy's mom's pineapple tart? its heavenly delicious!

    dy gave me a container of butter cookies last year and it's gone overnight (itupun, berabis control my fingers.. ermmm.. my perut bah that kan?)

    never give up on your dream Dy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is full of baking aroma these days... Gou, we need your help to decide on one of the cookie variety! Can you come over this weekend?? hehehe :)

    Doakan lah my dream that will come true one day ya gengs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dy....sejak u mention tat day to me about pineapple tart..i've been eyeing on them kat kedai. always look see look see, but didnt buy..

    hmmmm...so, is the ordering/delivery of your mom's nice pineapple tarts covers pj area?

    ReplyDelete