Thursday, January 7, 2010

Passionately in love..

No no... don't get me wrong... nothing about ME being passionately in love :)

Went to fetch Noel from school yesterday... I was there early, so I had time to watch the teacher from afar for about 15 minutes (from AFAR ok... not like at the classroom window... I am NOT one of those moms! hehe...)

She was seated at her table, the children coming up to her one by one, showing her their work for checking. In that 15 minutes, not a single time did she smile to any of those children! Gosh! How can one resist smiling to a little one?? I'm not sure if she even likes what she's doing (let alone love)... I want to know WHY is she teaching if she hates children THAT much to not smile at them; especially when it's only their THIRD day in school!

I know I can never be a teacher. NEVER. I know I will kill the children under my care if I became a teacher. But I really really hope that the teachers who teaches Noel loves being a teacher. Loves opening the children's eyes up to a new world, to introduce them to the wonders of things that were beyond their knowledge. Loves taking the children on a journey. I hope they are passionately in love with their profession. Passionate enough to continue to think of ways to bring out the best in the children. I pray that as my little one embark on this journey, his guide will never, ever crush his spirit.

Aside, am I passionate about my work? Unfortunately, as of now, I can't reply with an enthusiastic "yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment