Friday, December 17, 2010

No bake Oreo CheeseCake

No, no... I'm not becoming a cheesecake addict. Not just yet. Hehe... anyways, when I saw this, I immediately bookmarked it, as I thought is was pretty easy.

This is the end product - a beauty I must say.... heheheh... actually the top is just plain, but I dusted some cocoa powder on top (using a doily as stencils) - there, I gave my "secret" away... hehehe...


I actually had the ingredients for this ready when The Gang came over for Noel's birthday, but phew! I didn't have time to make it.

Not long after that, a colleague had to say goodbye and we had a small gathering. This was my chance to make the long awaited cake! Pretty daring don't you think? Making a cake 1st time and bringing it for a party - crazy would be a better word!

Here's the sides - quite thick for a 18cm container.


First, gotta make sure the mixing bowl and the cream is well chilled - this will make it beat up easily.


I only have a standing mixer (i.e. the mixing head can't be moved), so I have to tansfer the whipped cream to a bowl while I work out the other part of the mixture.


One thing interesting about this cake is that it has 3 layers. The first is with finely chopped up Oreos. Once that sets, a layer of large Oreo chunks are thrown in before a final smooth cheese layer is topped on it.

Here's the 2 kinds of Oreos.


The bigger chunks on top of the 1st layer.



And once again, the final product. Hehe... I love love love the doily design, so... please beg my pardon :)


And here's a peak at what we had during the farewell party - all of which, you had already known through my earlier entries :)


This will be my last entry on bakery this year... I'm off for a holiday and am truly grateful for the break (despite discovering a HUGE hole in my pocket!). I do hope that everyone will have a great Merry Making season - with the real Reason for the season always in everyone's heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment