Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy, Simple & Healhty (trying hard)

The past week has been a crazy motion of trying to get all the Raya orders done. Mixing dough, rolling into tiny morsels, watching the oven for the temperature, steaming for hours, etc., etc... Between all that, we still needed to eat. But we can't afford the luxury of cooking elaborated meals (not even the usual ones - meat, soup, veg kind of thing). So on one of those days, I quickly soaked some glass noodles, shredded from poached chicken breast meat, cut up some carrot into matchstick and slice up golden fried egg. Quickly toss around in a pan and our brunch was ready... Fried Glass noodles (Tang Hoon).


Dinner was also impossible to cook up, so, thankfully, on the rare occasion, my brother and SIL took over the stove. They churned up Chicken in Soy Sauce, Spam fried with Onions and Enoki Mushroom soup (sorry, I didn't manage to take any photos of these). Since we didn't have much veg, plus the fact that my Iceberg & Butterhead Lettuce were fast turning bad, I decided to quickly assemble a salad - nope, I don't have a name for it, as I basically used what I had in the fridge - what name will you give this salad?
What you'll need: Hard boiled egg, Roma / Cherry Tomatoes, Greens - any kind (I used Iceberg and Butterhead Lettuce)
What you'll need to do: Assemble in this sequence (just to make it pretty)
Icebery Lettuce
Butterhead Lettuce
Baby Tomatoes
Hard boiled egg (simply chopped up)
Use any dressing you like - we used Thousand Island

I guess, even in the midst of busy-ness, we managed to eat well - easy, simple and healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment