Thursday, July 15, 2010

Peanut butter BREAD??

What log is that??? Hehe... The original name is... Dark Choc Peanut Butter Bread - but it has not dark choc - it has choc chips, and it's got banana in it too, so I'd say the name would be... Peanut Butter Banana Chips Bread. Thanks to the many flog (food blog) I've been reading, I'm VERY geared up to bake something every time I get back from work.

This is another oh-so-easy bake. No hand mixer needed - but you'll need an oven [or like some of us blessed ones - rice cooker with baking function will do too :)] Recipe will be here. For now, I won't put up the recipes from other blogs, since I dont own them :)

I have been dreaming to bake homemade bread - another unknown territory for me. So when i saw the name of this babe, I immediately took it in. Erm, it's a cross - between a cake and a bread. I think I used too much banana though. The recipe called for 2 medium sized, but I used 3 pulak. That's why, never trust your memory! HoHOHO.


What have I learnt from baking these?

1) I need to learn how to choose banana.

A good, ripe, sweet banana - The one I bought yesterday was still not ripe enough for baking / cooking yet I think. Anyone can help teach me? :)

2) Too much is not neccessary always good.

I learnt this from steaming the steamed banana cake actually, but still, made the same mistake. The banana affects the texture of the cake. I reckon this will be more "bread-like" as can be seen in the original recipe, if I had not put in too much banana.


OK, I think I used up most, if not all available resources in our pantry / fridge now. So I believe the baking will stop for a while. *sob, sob*.

I DID have liver and spinach last night - which is said to be good source of iron. Surprisingly, the liver didn't taste as yucky as I thought it'll be. I think that's because it's cooked as well done (instead of still reddish - yucks) and also because I practically numbed my tongue by coating the liver with chili. Whatever it is, I am glad I did something to increase my heamo :)

Another thing I'm proud of is, I woke up early this morning (early = 5am), to fry some yellow noddles :) So I have my breakfast and lunch taken care off. Snoopy and Woodstock is obviously happy.

See the cili in the middle of the noodles?
Hehe... that's the "killer"

Have a blessed day mates!

p/s: No, don't worry, I am not turning this into a flog!

4 comments:

  1. love the looks of the mee (cannot taste just look)!! i just love that you start to bake...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... aku susah2 bake, ko comment on the mee? heheheheh... OK lah that... 1 out of 2 :)

    Yeah, loving it too... but last nite was exhausted so didnt... rest lok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice one... the cake not the "bread"... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... yeah, so now we all agree it's "cake"; not "bread" :)

    ReplyDelete