Monday, July 12, 2010

Give Blood, Give Life


Went to a blood donation drive at Church yesterday. It's been a long time since I gave, the last time was in Uni days (yeah, yeah, the young fearless blood). Then I got "old" and more "chicken". Hehe. So when the church organized the event, I thought - oh well, since I don't have anything else to give to the society, I might as well. Took Noel to the drive, he was curious, scared, full of puzzlement, etc all at the same time. The same reason I take him along to Tunas Bakti etc - good exposure :)
1st test - Weight - of course I passed (if not with flying colours!)
2nd test - Blood Pressure - normal - passed
3rd test - Heamoglobin - the droplet of blood taken from my finger took it's sweet time to go to the bottom of the testing solution - failed :(
The officer tested again to make sure - and to my dismay, again, it took it's sweet time. "Tak cukup darah, cik. Cukup untuk sendiri jer. Takpa, lain kali boleh cuba lagi. Terima kasih kerana niat baik" - literally means, not enough blood - just enough for my own body. So I can't give away, for now. The officer of course told me to eat more iron rich food - and to my parent's apprehension, Noel annouced "mummy not enough blood" when we got home.
Disappointed, yes I am. But there's nothing much I can do about it... just gotta go back to those preggy days with liver (YUCKS!)
Here's more info if you'd like to give life :)

5 comments:

  1. we'll have our blood donation day on 24th this month. aku mau try lagi! yay! its not so scary after the first draw. hahhahah!

    astaga.. liver? yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday bah tu kan??? Can I come? Hehe... I mau eat lots lots benda with iron ni, so that I can derma :) I've got.. gosh... 11 days to do it!!! I must prove that I'm back to that "healthy" level again!! (boleh bah tu join ko punya drive kan kan?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...sedap apa the liver...sedapppppppp..!!blood donating isk..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... yeah, gotta learn how to "love" liver again...

    Donating Blood - a fulfilling thing to do - I picked this up during those drives in Pusaneka :) Give it a try! (but make sure you don't get up too fast after - else, like my first time - PITAM! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. sori lah..kawan ko tok sik kan p derma darah k...hehehe

    ReplyDelete