Thursday, November 18, 2010

When life gives you lemon...

I've baked these pretty often... including many orders or for own consumption. So often up to a point where I thought... well, at least I THOUGHT I didn't have to refer to the recipe anymore.

One day, I mixed the dough without looking at the recipe and the buns turned out harder than usual (and it was SO salty). The first thoughts would be - the yeast went flat. And those buns were for orders!!! Yikes! Made another batch, and again - harder-than-usual+ salty. I thought perhaps this time I didnt knead them long enough (but it passed the window pane test leh....) So took out a new packet of yeast, mixed another batch.

Scratching my head, while waiting for the dough to proof, I went back to the recipe and reread word for word. Then.... *hitting head with hand* SUGAR!!!! I FORGOT TO PUT IN SUGAR!!! Haha... Super sillyness if you'd like to call it that!

Anyway... sticking true to the cliche of "when life gives you lemon...", my mom and I didn't want to waste another batch of 500grams of flour so we cracked our head and TADA... these came out :)


That's right... doughnuts (a.k.a. Donut). For the longest time ever, I've wanted to make donuts but the long process detered me... So this was a pleasant re-route. The donuts were fluffy (yes, the yeast is proven to still be alive) and crunchy and the saltiness didn't bother us as we have Icing Sugar covering... YUMMY!

We really enjoyed these and I must say... the same goes with our lives eh? Sometimes (well, most of the time), things don't go exactly the way we plan it to be... and when that happens, we just need to make the best out of it and enjoy it to the best that we can... perhaps, it will too, turn out to be crunchy to the bite, soft on the insides, sweet with the sugar we coat it with and oh, a yummy experience we can smile from...


Bikin kesian ini anak eating near drain! Pintu dapur bah ni... :)

2 comments:

  1. khekehke... aku ingat siapa flying headhunter tek... aok bah.. kasih ada duduk tepi parit makai... tapi anak jalanan nadai size tok... tok super bagak. kahkah

    ReplyDelete