Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Deepavali

I don't recall having too many Indian friends.... Even in my Uni days, there was no Indian in our class of 56 people. Hmmm... I wonder why... But there were 2 friends I was blessed to cross paths with during the later days of my stay in Kajang. Sadly, I'lve lost contact with them.

There was one Deepavali, a friend and I went home with G to her home in JB to celebrate. We had such a good time going into another culture, breaking coconuts at the temple entrance, getting up at 2am to go to the fresh market with her mom and oh! all those glorious food!!! I miss miss miss her prawn masala, her green chicken curry, and of course her muruku!

Even if Kuching does not celebrate Deepavali, come this day, every year without fail, I will think of these once close friends. Happy Deepavali G and Chan. May our paths cross again one of these days.

3 comments:

  1. sigh. I only found out that Sarawak tidak cuti today, tadi when jen called. kahkah, pandai2 lagi sy suruh tu technician cuti.

    org bilang, malu bertanya, sesat jalan..kahkah, but in this casse, ignorance is a bliss!
    hepi dewali. and hepi holiday ppl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiakhiak... yeah... i heard about the interesting "assume" semua orang holidays! hehehe... welcome to the land of the hornbills then pong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Deepavali 2020 .It’s an ancient Indian festival – Happy Diwali 2020: a festival of lights which is celebrated on a yearly basis. Happy Diwali Images Quotes Messages Wishes
    .

    ReplyDelete