Thursday, July 30, 2015

Murud 2015 - During - Day 5

Sunday, 19th July

We started with morning devotions and breakfast as usual.  Somehow that day I did not feel the urgency to go to the hall early because I had made up in my mind earlier that I wanted to sit outside.  My legs could not take the long hours being cramped not able to move much.  Lydia and I took our time going to the toilet after the crowd ebbed away to the service.  We arrived at the hall as Holy Communion was being served.  She then went to sit with the gang, and I sat alone on one of the wooden pathway outside the church.  I was not really alone though.  Many others too sat outside.  It was nice and cool and eventhough we were outside we participated fully in the service.  When it was a dancing song during worship time, we outside were dancing away too.  It was so great that everyone was there to worship full heartedly no matter where we were.  I especially enjoyed the last song that said  "Ya, Allahku, aku hendak bernyanyi bagiMu, selamaku hidup, Ya Tuhanku, aku hendak bermazmur bagiMu, selagi ku ada".  It is one of my favorite Welyar Kauntu song, and to be able to worship whilst looking at the beauty of His creation was a privilege.


People sat on the wooden pathway outside the church.  During the praise and worship time, we even danced along!
Spiritual feeding
The sermon was talking about how the church needs to be balanced in the aspect of missions (soul winning), spiritual experience (prayer, music, revival etc), fellowship and family-ness, systematic teaching as well as social concern - just like the first church in Acts.  Different denomination have our different strength so as the Church of the end-times, we should work together to edify and strengthen each other in the areas where we are weak.

After the main sermon, Rev. Pengiran Gugkang came forward to share some visions intercessors have received during the few days there.  In 2013, each participant were symbolically given a pack of "nuba laya" i.e. lun bawang's soft rice to take home for our spiritual strength to do the work of the kingdom.  This year, it was the vision of a golden key.  This key is for us to share the gospel and to unlock the hearts of many who have yet to believe in this end times.

We sang this song together before the service ended.  It means that the joy of the Lord, through the seed of the gospel, shared in love, by the stick given by the Lord, we can unlock the hearts by using the golden key that was given to us.


Awang luk bire nekuh (The joy that has been given to me)
Ilung luk bire nekuh (The seed given to me)
Bunga luk bire nekuh (The love given to me)
Allah awang luk bire nekuh (The joy given to me)
Rukud luk bire nekuh (The tongkat / stick given to me)
Teka luk bire nekuh (The key given to me)

After service we all went back to our houses for lunch all ready for the afternoon session to pray for the nations.  During this time, once again the Holy Spirit was mightily present and there was a session of reconciliation before we prayed for the nations.  I approached my step-aunty for reconciliation on behalf of my father for some misunderstanding they had in regards to my aunty's marriage a few years back.  


Aunty Grace Takung and I
During the prayer, we were asked to choose which ever flag we would like to pray for.  In 2013, Alie and Lyd actually went to identify each flag, yes, their knowledge is THAT good.  I didn't know many of the flags, so I went towards Switzerland flag because I have some friends there from Logos Hope and they have shared their struggle in their country before.  There I met a young man, who was so nice, humble and sweet and we prayed together.

After the prayer, we went back to the house for dinner and got ready for the closing night.  From experience, we knew this is going to be one fun filled night!  We were told to get ready things to "make a joyful noise".  By 6.30pm, the hall was jammed pack and filled with all kinds of sound, music and dances!  
Crazy bunch of aunties "making a joyful sound unto the Lord".
The one in the yellow beanie hat is Mary, my friend Anthony Sia's wife.
Cikgu Sang, the worship leader once again warned us not to jump, not to dance too "hard" as the hall might collapse!  But really, how can you contain that kind of excitement!  The service went on (yes, I forgot the content of the sermon again!) but one thing I remember is that we are called to live in this end times, this "time of grace" to prepare other people to face another time soon ahead of us where it is going to be really hard and tough.  There are many things that has never happened will happen.  Therefore, we (disciples of Christ) need to wait for the power of the Holy Spirit to empower us.



The service ended very late that night.  About 11.00pm.  The rest went back to pack / ready to hike back tomorrow, but I went to meet up with my aunties, uncles and cousin as we will not be able to meet anymore after that.  I got back to the house at about 12 walking under a canopy of the heavenly host... such beautiful array of stars that can never be seen back in the city where it will be dimmed by the city lights.  I stopped to thank the Lord of Host for His creation and wonderful blessing.  It has been a great 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment