Thursday, July 30, 2015

Murud 2015 - After - Day 8

Wednesday, 22nd July

Yes, I managed to get up at 5am for the morning prayers at the church.  As usual, there were mainly the older folks.  Since young, whenever I go back to Dad's kampung, I will make it a point to wake up early to go to the prayers with my Aunties and Uncles.  My other cousins would rather sleep in the cold hours of the morning but I treasured this time of prayer so much that I would never miss a single day.  That day I spent some time after the prayers to talk to some of the older folks who then told me how we were related.
Apu' Layun - one of the older folks who originated from Long Beluyu - Dad's kampung.  According to her, we are related.
After coming back to the house, I sat down to have coffee with Apu' while Barb and Lyd bathed and got ready.  I managed to tell her about my single mother status; she didn't know before this, and as she talked and prayed with me, I feel relieved that I don't have to hide anything from her.  Giving advice and telling me of her own love stories made me glad that I told her.  I thank God for the quiet time I had with Apu' this morning.

We are going to fly out today.  We had packed last night, with our check in baggage limited to 10kgs and our carry-on bags to about 15kgs!  The blessing of rice and even pineapple!  Aunty Alui said to go to the airport at about 9am, but being kiasu we left the house at 8 so that none of our baggage will be offloaded due to weight.


Aunty Alui in her Rela uniform
When we got there at 8.15am, after lots of huffing and puffing lugging our bags, there was no one there at the check in counter!  We had to wait and at 9, Aunty Alui's brother - the agent, came.  After weighing etc we quickly went back to the kampung because we had not said our goodbyes to Apu'.  We promised her we would come back to the house.

She was not at home when we got there.  Earlier she had went to Aunty Sipai's house to send some pineapple to Aunty Sipai's son (her grandson) who will be leaving today too.  So while anxiously waiting, the 3 of us had our breakfast.  Soon enough Apu' came home.  After saying a teary goodbye to her, with promise to bring Noel for her hold in her arms soon, we parted ways.  The airport was too far of a walk for her.


Apu' Neng (middle) and her good friend Apu' Supang (a.k.a. Apu' Supit).  They are still so fashionable even at this age!
At the airport, we were all ready to go.  Ama' Paran and Ina' Martina was also there to say goodbye.  Soon the aircraft arrived and we were flying off to Miri.  Thank you Murud, thank you Ba' Kelalan.  If God calls, yes, I will be back.


In 2013, we had nick-named Ama' Paran as "Uncle Handsome".  We are so thankful to have them as our host this year.
I spent the rest of the day in Miri, whilst Lyd and Barb took the earlier flight home.  When I got home that night, I was greeted with love notes from my son.



It is good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment