Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Potfull of love

Do you have a pot that reminds you of childhood? I've got one... it's a slow cooker pot. Mom claims that it's over 30 yrs old. Why do I say it reminds me of childhood? Simply because, in her struggling busy days as a teacher + young wife + mother of two, this is the pot that she would use to ensure that we all had a good warm meal in the evenings.


She would put the pot on (with all the ingredients in of course) early in the morning before she leave for school and when she came home, hearty meals would be readily serve. Magic cooker? To some extend... but more importantly, it's a pot full of love.

We have not used the pot too often these days. When dad came home last weekend, I wanted to cook ribs so tender that it will literally melt in your mouth so I asked Mom permission to use The Pot. I mixed the pork with some Teriyaki sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger and bombay onions and let it stew in the pot for some 5 hours.

The result? This picture doesn't do justice to the moist juicy flesh that drops readily from the bones. Sprinkled generously with toasted sesame seed. (picture taken in a haste as everyone was already at the table!)

What kitchen utensil spells L.O.V.E. to you?

4 comments:

  1. yeah my mom has one too..recently i was thinking of purchasing one for myself but can't really decide on the size and got to admit don't know how to use it hehehee....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe... me pun 1st time use oo... just pasang... put on "low"... wonder if it's really safe to leave at home kan? tapi kenak last time OK jer... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. putting this on the top of my list of gift for self hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahha... i really should that putting up a list of that kind too!

    ReplyDelete