Monday, June 20, 2011

Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang Tu

I stand by my comment that comedies / sitcoms of today don't stand a chance against those of yesteryears. It just lack the essence for being truly funny. More to being lawak bodoh - an insult to our Intelligence.

One of the comedies that opened my eyes to the different loghat in Malaysia during my younger days was Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang Tu. So much so, that when I attended Uni in Mainland, those loghat didn't surprise me anymore. And their lawak in the sitcom were truly lawak berkesan!

It's then with great sense of loss that I read in the news today that one of the actor has passed away yesterday. Known as Pak Uda in the series, his signature senget-sebelah-wrongly-button checkered shirt will surely be missed.



http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/6/20/nation/8935091&sec=nation#13085371193101&if_height=637

2 comments:

  1. i think this was the only malay sitcom that we watch together as a family when i was a kid...tok ada fight dengan Mind Your Language dolok...hehee...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kan? this malay sitcom was one of the "sangat berjaya" ones!! love love Mind Your Language eh!!!

    ReplyDelete