Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicken Nugget - Homemade

Which mother and child is not in favor of processed food? Mother - for the simplicity of preparation; Child for the fast yummy snack. Sausages and nuggets being main hero. It's hard to run away from these. Yes, though mothers knows well that these are not the healthiest food to give to a child, it is still one of the easiest. I am no different than the thousands out there.

This is after steaming / cooling down. Cut into standard nugget size.

I came across this a couple of weeks ago and since nuggets is one of the fav food, I thought I'll try to make my own... So last Friday night, I blended the chicken, the carrot, mix mix and steamed. Then coated and left to freeze overnight.

This is after coating with breadcrumbs and ready to be frozen for at least 30 minutes. I left mine for almost 24 hours.

Noel as usual kept asking if there were ready so I fried a batch for Saturday afternoon tea snack. Verdict: "Just like the real nugget Mummy!!" Hmmm... which is real and which is fake I wonder :) This made about 55 pcs and that's good for a quick and easy school snack for Mom to prepare for Noel. What made me feel good about this is that I can be sure that I used 100% breast meat without any skin / fat on it + there's heaps of carotene from the carrots in here.

"Fast food" ain't that bad when it's prepared from home, I'd say ;)

3 comments:

  1. ooooooo... nahhhh.. ada sudah resipi untuk christmas. finger food utk budak2.. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lepas tok try making sosej hehehe..my mom baru start making...gonna sms her ur nugget recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. togs - ya... this is really good coz u can prepare like waaaay before bah... just freeze it up. Just click the link for the recipe ya!

    jen - so the very cool eh ur mom make sausages!!! me want oso!!

    ReplyDelete