Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Cravings....

Because I've not updated this space for ages....

Because I need to show that I'm still alive and kickin'....


Because today is a Moan-day (hey, this is the day especially made you'd say - yes, yes, I know!)


Because we all love chocolate....


Because choc is supposed to make us happy....


Because we need to be "happy" on a Moan-day...


And just because... Hehehe... berapa banyak because la....


OK, here's a very special bake... I don't really favor baking layer cakes because it takes ages, but I will still bake it on request. My first time baking this Kek Lapis India was last Hari Raya when Ms. Bestie requested for it. Believe it or not, I didn't even taste even a bit of the cake (talking about big faith!!). But she loved it (YEAY!). And so did her sister-in-law (double YEAY!).


Recently, her SIL had a craving for this cake (the little one in her tummy craved for it, la). So, though she was in Bintulu, she requested that I send over the cake via bus. So I got busy busy happily. This is an... expensive and rich chocolate layer cake... lots and lots Cadbury bites (no cheating... this cake calls for Cabdury, so Cabdury it is!)


I used the chocolate rather "sparingly" (yes, yes, lokek I know), but then this much is really enough to bring out the chocolaty taste... Normal process... put the mixture and layer with chocs... over and over again...

And here's a baked layer... Yeah, a bit burnt :P opppssyyy!



I just realised I didn't take the photo of the completed cake... hmmmm... oh well... there's always a next time right? :)


Anyways, once again, with my super confidence, I didn't taste even a bite of the cake. And off it went to Bintulu to satisfy the little baby... and satisfied was the Mummy :)


And for a moment, the world seems at peace.

1 comment: