Monday, April 25, 2011

Passion reignited

My nights and days are spent thinking about it... What on earth am I talking about you'd ask... event managing, that's what! I didn't think it was that serious, but here I am, spending any extra bit of possible minute thinking about it.



2 years ago, we organized marriage renewal where 22 pairs renewed their vows infront of children, family and friends. This year, our precious group of youth would like to say thank you to their parents during Mother's day by organizing candle-light dinner for all parents in our church. The noble idea of this came forth as many of these couples have not, and will probably not have the chance to go to restaurants for nice and quiet dinners alone.



The youth are going to organize, set table and chairs, cook, serve, entertain, babysit etc etc during the night. It's a big task for them; many of which are first timers at this game - but it will be so much fun!! I'm so excited just thinking about it. Yes, yours truly is in charge (my youth reasoned that though I'm a mom, I won't have anyone to dine with, and they need my help anyways, so there goes my appreciation!) - but hey, I'm not complaining... Aside from baking, organizing this kind of things has always been my joy! And to do it with a limited budget - BRING.IT.ON!


There's about 60 couples to cater for in 2 weeks time! Anyone with ideas (especially low or no cost ones) - feel free to throw it in!


4 comments:

  1. 60 couples? low budget? yiiha! that's real challange. any theme? colours? bible quote? just dinner? or ada aktiviti sampingan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. theme? peace and quiet i guess :) i don't think they all get the luxury to be alone with one another - and that's the ambiance that I wish to create...

    bible quote - hey, if may fortune cookies then put bible quotes inside best kan?

    tiada juga aktiviti sampingan rasanya... just the youth serenading them from table to table? hehehe...

    HOWEVER... seems like my youths; even before embarking on this project says it would be very tiring - physically and spritually (??) - they might just decide to scrap the idea and order buffet dinner (BUMMER!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. muahaha on the buffet dinner. you MUST prevent that from happening.

    this for mom's day bah kan? mcm valentine's plak tau... hahahha..

    the fortune cookies idea great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in our church the say is recognize as parent's day bah that... the idea is to give the parents some well deserved R&R. Yeah.. kindda like valentine kan? but if couples falls back giddily in love with each other, wont that make them better parents ;)

    I think, the buffet is going to win... sigh...

    ReplyDelete