Thursday, January 19, 2017

Bitten by the travel bug - Day 7 (Melaka & KL)

I am glad that we decided to end our trip with a good accommodation.  Today’s breakfast is included in the package.  But just like all the theme park tickets that are included in the package, it’s only for 6 adults.  It’s okay, we will just top up for the other 1 child.  Breakfast was served at the ClubHouse.  A beautiful place with glass panels so you can see the beautiful green golf course outside.  Now, it’s dad’s turn to say that we should have stayed here for 2 nights so that he can relax and catch a game of golf.  Next time ya Dad.  Breakfast was nice and typical of most Asians, we ate our fill.  Onward to the next theme park… The Safari Wonderland… Jane had recommended this and we were looking forward it it.  Of course when the boys passed the waterpark on the way they kept on whining why we didn’t stay another night so that they can spend the day at the waterpark.  Bah, join the queue boys, next time ya….

As we were walking out of the clubhouse, we saw some brochures that says the resort now provides free transport to and fro Melaka town.  This resort is probably another hour journey into town, so giving guests free comfortable bus ride is perfect.  Ya, we really have to stay here longer next time.  Plus, they have services directly to and fro KLIA/KLIA2 as well!

The safari area was large, we started with the elephant show… the elephant were brilliant.  The kids managed to feed them and pat their trunks.  Such huge graceful majestic animals… I wish I am like them – big but moves gracefully.  I am big.  And clumsy.  Ouch.  Anyways… the show was like a drama where the actors are the elephants!  Such clever creatures.  At one part, at the sound of a gun, one of them just dropped dead.  Haha… so clever.  Yes, still gracefully.  I would have plonked down like a huge over riped jackfruit.

After the elephant show, we were quickly whisked away to a waiting cage truck.  It is here that I truly realise how much mom and dad had slowed down.  We were anxious to be the first in the truck, the first at the shows, but they could only go as fast as their old leg can go.  Dear Lord, please give me some more years to bring them around while they still can walk L  Everyone in the caged truck fell into eerie silence as the truck driver warned us to keep our hands off the cage and make sure we do not sit too near the sides because we were going to pass through some dangerous predators.  And we started the journey.  Indeed we saw so many animals, lots of predators and some were really scary as they paced impatiently.  I don’t know who are the ones on show now – us in that caged truck or them, out in the open.

Then we watched a “multi animal funtime” show, the animals were so clever doing so many tricks follow by the “colour of the birds” show.  All were well executed.  We were rushing back to KL that evening, so we didn’t linger much and we had to give “monkey island” a miss.  Yes, a 3D2N would be a better duration of stay.

We said our goodbyes to the animals and drove to the Freeport for shopping!!! We have mulled over the shoes and wanted to get a few pairs.  I needed shoes for work and mom needed sandals for work too.  Since Jane advocated Camel Avtive, bah, no harm trying.  When we got there, we got into a small disagreement because mom and dad needed food and yet mom didn’t want to eat at the foodcourt and there’s no other place to eat and etc etc etc… yes, if you are together for too long, you tend to get on each other’s nerves.  Also, because we had paid for the nephew’s entrance ticket to the Safari Park, it came with one pack of food – which Noel, being the tamchiak he is, wanted to have a share of!  Sometimes, I really wanna strangle that kid.  So, we decided to split before anyone killed anybody.  And we had more Auntie Anne’s (yes, you can tell I am crazy about Auntie Anne’s) as we walked to see if there is anything we can afford.  I got my shoes, and after everyone got everything, it’s time to head to KL.

But as we drove out, Dad said STOOOOPPPPPP infront of the durian seller.  Gosh… the durian were sooooo expensive but dad said let’s just eat a couple because we have been wanting to since yesterday.  Thanks for the treat Dad.  And so began the journey to KL.  We targeted to reach the apartment by 7pm.

I have heard about AirBnB before but had never used them.  As we were planning this trip I tried to see if there were any apartment near KLSentral / Megamall that we can stay in at not such a cut throat price.  And I found one, right beside KLSentral.  Which will make it so much easier to head back to the airport.  What is KL without its traffic right?  I was supposed to photocopy all of our ICs but had not managed to look for any photocopy shop so the check in process was a bit slow and Desmond, being tired, was so cranky!  I told you to swap with me to drive right??? I told you to rest and sleep right??? Gosh!  This is the part I hate most!  Dealing with cranky adults!  Cranky kids are easy to deal with, you just smack them.  Haha.

By the time we checked in, it was already about 8.  And I had to return the van to Putrajaya (another hour’s journey) by 10pm.  Togs were coincidentally in town as well and staying near KLSentral so I called her to go with Noel and I to Putrajaya.  I left my parents in the care of my cranky brother to take out for dinner and walkabout at the nearby NuSentral.  So the 3 of us headed to Putrajaya.  Phew, I am glad this “holiday” is almost over.

Jane was already waiting for us at Putrajaya Sentral.  We left the van there since it was still early to go for dinner at ioi mall.  It was a nice non-halal treat.  Thanks Togs.  Then we headed back to Putrajaya Sentral to return the van.  And because we didn’t managed to bring noel around Putrajaya much, Jane decided to drive around.  We really did enjoy it, Putrajaya is so beautiful and magical at night.  Then Jane dropped us off back to the erl station and the 3 of us got the train back to KLSentral.  It was about midnight when we arrived.  Noel and I then walked with Togs back to her hotel and finally went back to our apartment.

The apartment is in an affluent area.  It was a nice modern 2 bedroom apartment with complete facilities, crockery, cutlery, washing machine, dryer, wifi, cable tv – just name it, you got it.  But there’s a proble...  It was 2 bedroom.  But with 2 big sofabed in the living room, which was fine with me, but mom made a fuss.  Actually she made a fuss since Day 1, just because she didn’t get to stay in the master rooms in all the apartments we stayed in.  One of the rooms was a master bedroom and the other room had bunk bed.  Of course Noel wanted to sleep on the top bunk.  I don’t mind sleeping outside in the living room actually.  When we got home that night, dad was sleeping on one of the sofabed and the other one was empty; mom was sleeping in the lower bunk in the room.

Our flight the next day was at 12 noon so I wanted to leave by 8 out from the apartment.  That means I needed to pack that night.  So pack I did.  Don’t know what time I finally slept but I wished we had spent more time here, in this nice rich man’s apartment.  Definitely must stay here again next time.  End of Day 7.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know why i am just reading of this now ...hehehee..

    ReplyDelete