Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Looking for His Oasis


So the 40 days National prayer has begun.... I felt a deep conviction in my heart that I am to let go of Facebook as part of this fast.  I can't say that I was too happy when I felt this conviction.  However, it was clear that FB (in all it's good intention) had robbed me off a lot of my time and my attention to my surrounding.  Especially post Murud and post Logos Hope when I have a lot more friends and a lot more reason to check the news feed every 2 minutes (so to speak).  Today is the first day.  How did I fare? Lost.  I felt totally lost without it.  And yes, there was a few times I accidently tapped on the app on my phone, out of habit.  But I've logged out at 12pm last night, so I've not broke my "fb-fast".  But I am thankful for this time, when I can consciously draw closer to God.

2 years ago I did a total fast - only on water / liquid (when needed); but mostly on plain water.  Last year I did total fast but with "off days" - i.e. when needed socially.  This year, I felt lead to do sunrise till sunset fast.  So how was my first day?  Horrible - as in... I SO NEED WATER!!!!... The body gets really week not because of lack of food, but precious water.  No wonder "the cousins" would think and mule over what to eat and what to drink the whole day when it's Ramadhan.... I have my bottled water in front of me now, and it's another hour to breaking of fast.

I wrote on my FB page last nite - that it has been an amazing Q3 for 2013.  Really, I am thankful for Murud, for Logos Hope and now... I am thankful for another 40 days in the dessert seeking God's oasis.

3 comments:

  1. go go dy... I wanted to do that too...boleh kah masa breakfast boleh internet hahaha...things we compromise nyeh...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe... internet i cannot give up totally. Mati aku if i cant read your blog or tog's... But our blogs dont really take up much time, fb does...

    Mo blog about some stuff, tapi sikda pix... sik best eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pun rasa that too ooo...food still can forgo I think but internet...!! mati ku...!!

    ReplyDelete