Monday, August 12, 2013

Life is like a layer cake

Was so glad when the layers came out almost evenly!
Life indeed is like a layer cake - just when you thought the first layer was good, comes the 2nd layer - even better than the first, then comes the 3rd layer, well, it can be a bit bitter or tasteless, but when you put them together, then, you get blown away by how incredible the taste is!  

Putting in the 2nd layer - the cream cheese
No matter what age we are at, life will bring more surprises for us and in the end, we will be amazed at how everything turns out for good.  We just have to hang in there - holding fast to God and to one another.  We just have to continue to encourage one another to "eat on".

With his new favorite cake
Baked (or rather, steamed) this cake for Hari Raya recently - loved it so much (as in so easy to make) that baked this more than once to give away.  And because Noel almost wallop the cake at my Aunt's place (which we gave to her) - I baked this again for him.  Got the recipe from Dapur Tanpa Sempadan - check out the recipe here.

Because I can (and because I'm a freak in a way) - I measured the mixture to make sure the layers are equal.
I'm sure this cake is nothing new, and many of my friends made this before - another classic case of me being "late in catching the craze".  Oh well, better late than never so they say!

This is how I steam my cake - to make sure water does not drip on the cake - use a muslin cloth (i.e. lampin)
Have a great week ahead mates - let's hold on as we "eat on" in our lives!  Jiayou!  Aza Aza Fighting (Updated to Aja! Aja! Hwaiting - on the advice of my *clever-er friend :)!!)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha...golek2....sampai pegang perut...!! FIGHTING dy...!!! it's actually hwaitting...khakahk.a..yeah life is just It kan....just It..!! hahaha...just have to enjoy whats in front of us...!!let's have a steamboat party when you get here hehehe...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... ok jane (you smarta** you), updated... 화이팅 hwaiting :)

    I'm glad to have you around to encourage me to "eat on"! jumsss... aku datang.... steamboat!!! (i'll make this layer cake for dessert!)

    ReplyDelete