Saturday, July 27, 2013

Going deeper into the river - Murud 3

Arriving in Murud was serious challenge.  The climb up unknowingly made me crazy tired and having no place to go, having still to run around looking for a house to stay, for lost friends, for bags yang entah where, and having being dump in a strange house, with no specific instruction / explanation, with strangers, made me finally just lie down and cried my eyes out.  Imagine, just the first few hours arriving and being on Holy Ground, here I was, crying and sobbing away.  But that was the antidote.  Felt much better after that.

Arriving at the church site.... I couldn't wait any longer and just went down down down.
I knew I was being bitchy, but according to an honest friend, I was just being stressed out about petty things.  How could I not be?  I had 4 friends with me, with no house, no food for any of them.  And I was supposed to be the one arranging for the trip!  Felt really bad...  But hey, God provided thus far kan?  He will continue to provide. The food came - which later I found out was more at the sacrificial love of the family! (What is it with the Lun Bawang; who so "macho"ly sacrifice for others?) Picked myself up, had a numbing shower with freezing cold water, ate simple food and smelt wonderfully of smoke all over :)
Just before the frantic search for the unknown
We rested that night, some of the gang adapted better, I think I was the worst at adapting.  Gasp!  When it was time to sleep, it was freakin' cold.  We heard that it would be cold, but never can I imagine, the wind blowing into my head even with a scarf wrapped around it!  Got up the next day, albeit late for morning prayers at 5.30am, then got ready for first session at 9am.  

Opening ceremony.  Samal, samal, kuan amung luk muneng iring Tuhan (Blessed, Blessed, are those who are close near the Lord)

I was ready to listen.  And I needed God to speak to me.  I didn't climb up for nothing!  And I heard him.  Loud and clear.  For the whole 3 days; 6 sessions, I heard Him.  What I am going to do with what I hear is another whole matter.  I certainly came expecting the unexpected and I went deeper into the river.  Ankle deep, knee deep, waist deep, till finally, swimming.  Ezekiel 47: 3 - 6.  

3 comments:

  1. thats what stick in my mind too Dy. the ankle deep, knee deep, waist deep and above my head water. what joy in knowing that!! He is there all the way. Praise Him.

    so, now, the world (real) waits for us. apa mau buat sama itu sebungkus nasi?...

    i told my mom pasal itu confusion over berkat sebungkus nasi among our girls.. ketawa2 her. hahahha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha.... did u tell her about the chicken too? Lawak betul. I bet some still dunno what that nasi bungkus means... they must be thinking - manalah my nasi? teda pun. haha.

    Jum pegi proper swimming lesson Togs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo.. i did. i told her about the perumpamaan ayam kampung. her comment: kesian juga dorang x dapat paham sebab bukan tinggal di kampung.

    ReplyDelete