Saturday, July 27, 2013

Going deeper into the river - Murud 1

Has it been really that long since I've updated this blog?.... For the lack of place to pour my feelings, here I am, back to "My walk... my talk"

Murud... O Murud....
Me at Batu Linanit - 2211m up

Bought the tickets in January, and come July I was terrified because of the little training effort I've put in... I started to doubt myself - did I hear God correctly? Did He really called me to go up to Murud?  Did I choose the wrong year to go? Should I have waited till next year when the Revival Meeting is down at the valley i.e. Buduk Nur a.k.a. kampung instead?

One thing I was very sure about - I wanted to seek His face clearly in this 35th year of my life.  No, I didn't mere want to.  I needed to. I needed to know where and how to proceed with the balance of my life; if I'm lucky, that will be another 35 years to go.  I didn't want to waste those precious time, chasing and doing something meaningless.

As I prepared for the trip, little things were coming my way, showing that He indeed wanted me to be there, on top of His holy mountain.  But also, one by one "trials" came - the terrible knee ache, the bad road condition, the continuous rain, all threatening the trip.  But no, deep inside my heart, there was a deep peace, knowing that God will open a way, or give me extra portion of His strength to go up - be it 4 days 4 nights hike.  So there I was, in Ba' Kelalan, with 4 other ladies; all but 1 are close friends but none of which I had traveled with before.  Add that to here I am about to meet family members I have not seen for ages, or I have never seen before!
Us - me, Alie, Lydia, Bee Lian, Lui Lin

Meeting them one by one, opened up my heart not only to love felt from long ago - oh childhood infatuation! But more to pure sincere family love and hospitality.  From the touchdown, to all the last minute scramble to arrange the journey, to the easy "it's OK, I'll go with them", to the packing of things (ration) needed on top, to the walking ever SOOoooo.... slowly in the jungle, to the sacrifice of rice, OH!, how can I describe the love?  And this came from a family of whom I have either never met, or last met 25 years ago!  What have I done to receive such love?


Uncle Liaw (nicked Uncle Man), me, Uncle Pudun

Yes, the disbelieve look on a certain Uncle's face made us even more determined to go up.  We can do it - but ONLY if Christ is with us.  I bet some in the group must have thought "what on earth am I doing?  going up Sarawak's highest mountain??"  But in the adrenalin rush, packing was done and off we go.


Uncle Salutan & me

Part 2 coming up.... mau nangis sudah ni... too emosi. Haha...


Off we went up to Camp 2 - Lepo Bunga, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. lotsa posts!! congrats! i'll comment in each post. heck! if i can, i'll make a mini post for each of your posts!

    i never doubted that i'll be able to scale the mount physically. i just dont prepare enough for the challenge and blessings spiritually. so not emotionally prepared.

    i'll link my next post to this post ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to write ONE post last night, but figured out, no... it wasnt possible. I think, there will be 5 in this Murud series... feel free to link me up :)

    ReplyDelete