Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Missing the Miri Apam

Went to Miri for a short break recently.... when I say "break", I literally mean it... really really took a break - doing nothing except sleep, eat, sleep and eat some more. What's not to eat eh? I HUGE pot of "Uncle Andy's famous beef curry" were waiting for us... HUGE really that it lasted us till our last day there... YUMSSSS!! *No pix as I only cared about DEVOURING the whole pot!*

I really went for Rest and Relax but I can't say that my bestie did! Haha... Poor sister... and despite knowing how tired and sleepy she was, I dragged her to make these Apam with me!! Hohoho... we had to circle Miri town (erm, it did feel like circling to me ;P) to get the grated coconut for the filling but Lo and Behold, the little princess didn't like the inti!

I got the recipe from here. The apams were incredibly EASY to make - just dumpe everyting in the mixer and voila! No steps required! The result? Oh so light and fluffy and oh so YUMMY!


The filling - it was easy to make too - but I think, if I were to make these again, I'd totally leave the filling out (unless I'm making for a party or something that is!)

But the real APAM who got to our heart was this beautiful Baby... Bestie's Anak

When she was younger, she used to hate us (I think!) and she'd cry and cry and cry.... Bestie says she generally fears crowd.... but poor little gal... it must have been scary having us around for days! But this time though, she quickly warmed up to us and got our hearts from the first minute.... See how cheecky she can be?



She and Ather Noel became good friends by the time we left and those so cute hugs they give each other... Awwwww....





I miss her so much... now more than ever, wish that those miles and miles that separates Bestie and I would disappear....

Frid: Thanks again for having us over.... Nang benar - benar R&R lah di rumah kau... R&R for kamek orang... but more work for you I guess oh... hehehehe... nasib lah nak... siapa suruh jemput kmkorg dtg :)

ND: Thanks masak "Famous curry" mu itu... sungguh - sungguh makan sampai sik hengat :) sungguh - sungguh gumbira, bahagia and puas ati!! NYUM NYUM!!! lain kali buat lagi yer... :)

Sha: Hi Baby... you won't be able to read this yet, but Apu', Nenek, Ather and Aunty send our love to you... we love you so much... grow up well and don't break our hearts ya... love you Darling!

2 comments:

  1. green apom!
    astaga... bikin terasa mau makan ooo the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Togs!!! jum, sebagai one of langkah2 mencapai our visi, kita skip dinner and make these instead(and janganla wallop all... bagi2 sama urang) on our next date!

    ReplyDelete