Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011... Part 5.. (STILL??)

Hi Mates!! 2nd day of the New Year.... again, too fast!! Time really flies TOO fast!!

Yes, I'm STILL on my Christmas entry, just simply because I want to keep all these in memory. I didn't do any entry for last year's Christmas trip to Lawas - Long Beluyu - KK holidays - which now, come to think of it, I should... perhaps I will!

Anyway... we didn't have any open house for Christmas this year, but called in our family for dinner gathering on 25th night.

Finally... I got the chance to use (and to show off) this beautiful fruit platter that a family friend bought for us from KK. It's so so so beautiful!! We saw one equally beautiful in Ikea but since it was too heavy, decided not to buy it. And for all the good reason because soon after, we were blessed with this magnificient Italian designed platter!

One thing that I refused NOT to bring back from Ikea was this beautiful simple serving tier!! As a matter of fact, I carried 2 back... And of course, it was put to good use :) Lower layer was carrot cuppies with cream cheese (which the family didn't fancy! ERK!), 2nd layer - pineapple rolls, christmas tree butter cookies and mum's raisin cake (YUMS!). Top layer - prune pudding... Mom would bake this each year without fail when we had our open house. She'd decorate it even nicer and since I was craving for this last minute, decided to whip this up (thank God for ready pitted prunes!!! - I used to spend hours and hours pitting those prunes back then!) I super love this simple serving tray!


Our "compulsory" Christmas spread - Fried Bihun, Chicken Curry, Satay (beef & chicken), nasi impit, kuah satay. And addition - mango tilapia fish & small oranges - which we went all the way to Kota Semarahan to get (coz they were really cheap there!!)


It seems that everyone knew how to play the guitar!! All 3 guitars taken out that night while waiting for dinner to start.


Oh, and we had steamboat too (pot can be seen on dining table below :)


It was really nice to have everyone around....

No comments:

Post a Comment