Thursday, January 9, 2020

41

Time flies... seems like only yesterday I checked in for my 40th birthday.  Before I can even achieve whatever I've set to do, here I am again, 41.



This year, I thought I would not bother with having a day to myself because I thought I will not have any leave and also financial constrain.



But come December, my teammate at work and I still had 6 days of leave each that we had to clear off.  So, after much discussion, at the 11th hour, I decided to take leave anyways.  But then, this year, she wanted to take the weekend / early of the week off, so I had to work on my birthday and only checked in, in the evening, continued on till the next day and back to the office in the evening again.



Hilton of course was a bit too pricey, and Jane had once let us have her river-view room here at Waterfront Hotel and I fell in love with it (thanks Jane).  It being just infront of Darul Hana bridge, the river, the beautiful Masjid Terapung and all the magnificent heart of Kuching, I decided to stay here.


Got myself a cake from SR just for formality (and for the photo sake!), had some cold beer courtesy of a friend, pondered quietly before The Lord and committed, read and Netflix throughout the night till the call of Subuh, promptly fell asleep till it was time to check out.  It was raining cats and dogs that night, with thunder and lightning, being in bed doing nothing was pure bliss.  Something I learnt that night was that beer can heal cough!  I was coughing rather badly during that period of time.  But that night, I think I had 5 cans of beer, and the next day, the cough magically disappeared!  I guess either the alcohol warms your insides, or it kills all your germs!  So next time, instead of taking 6 bottles of cough syrup, I'm just gonna down 6 cans of beer when I cough!


Heard that Waterfront Hotel's breakfast ain't that great, so I decided to skip that for the next day.  This place is too near to everything (i.e. all the good breakfast food at a steal), so you don't have to take the breakfast option.  Just venture out to eat yummy street food.  But I just stayed in the super comfortable king sized bed and didn't even bother going out, not even to the pool.


It was absolutely selfishly delicious to be alone on my birthday.  It was extremely quiet too, with everyone being busy for the season.  Serene to just be sitting by the window when your phone is quiet too!  I've not achieve most of what I set out to do during my 40th, so I'm just going to re-use those for this year.  I definitely look forward to the 42nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment