Thursday, August 4, 2011

Caught unprepared...

Last night a colleague was caught unprepared when her mom passed away unexpectedly. She was only 57. After a short series of "can't-be-so-serious-sickness", she left. What a sad, sad day... our hearts were so broken, what more to say her and the family... Karen, if you're reading this, am praying for strength for your whole family... for Amberly who didn't get to meet her Wai Po, for Ah Bell who will not have a play mate during the day time, for your lil' sister who's so far away, for your brother who will not have your mom there for the set wedding and especially for your dad; who had lost his life partner. My heart goes out to all of you...

Really, life is short. I sit and ponder today.... I guess I will never be prepared to loose either my mom or my dad.... ever.

Dear God... what can I say... how can I thank You... I'm blessed as it is to have my parents with me... but I'm not ready and I guess, I'll never be ready to lose them.... please give us some more time to be with each other on this earth....

p/s: Photo courtesy Jenkay's Collection... thanks Jane for this perfect photo of the 2 of them.

7 comments:

  1. kinda hating u for this post..cos you made me cry...!actually this has been bothering me this few days...i keep on thinking if anything would to happen am i ready...i pray n pray that we will have more years with each other...!
    sad to hear about your friend..that's why i think we need friends in hard times..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the thinking I avoided dreadedly. there is no way we could prepare for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's hard when we know the days with them are numbered kan.... praying that these numbered days will be much much longer... praying for strength when the time really comes as well mates...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i discussed with my dad of 'his' funeral the other day. he seemed to be ok with it. the thought of death, doesn't bothered him. i hope it doesnt bothered us much too.. eventually, we'll reunite again.. forever. kan?

    we live in a borrowed time, must make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to ask me dad, mana dia mau to be his final resting place... I'd imagine him wanting to "balik" lawas, but we're all here.... but, pity, i belum lagi have the courage to ask him about this - mcm Chinese will say - CHOI!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my dad always joke never buy him something for his funeral that is more expensive than what we ever spend on him when he is alive...i believe that too...
    i have this stupid thingy to make me as ease...like stirring my drink at the age i want my parents to live..hahaa..terus kadang2 stir sampai 100 kali wakakak
    i knw i bodoh hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehehehe... kalau ter-miss how many rounds stir oredi how??? hehehehhe... then just continue? :) hehehe... nah... not bodoh at all... i might just adopt this after this... kehkehekh

    ReplyDelete