Monday, August 22, 2011

Cook and Share a pot of Curry

Well, well, well... my friends are away having a super duper time (I hope!) in OZ.... tsk tsk... poor me....sad sad... But... since they are away.... I should document this for their reading material when they get home! Ya, ya... as if!
Gangs - read THIS and THIS.

Now, eventhough I'm not in Singapore and I didn't cook my pot of curry between 11 - 11.30am, I still feel strongly about this. One's gotta tolarate each other if one wants to live in a multicultural country (even like us Malaysia!!) I remember those days staying in Kajang, we had so many "interesting" neighbours; sights, sounds, smell... you get my drift... but we all still tolerated one another. I am sure, we ourselves were not that easy to tolerate as well. I recall our neighbour staying in our Rumah Kota in Kajang Utama even was rearing chicken!!

So yes, I cooked a pot of curry - though not one I'd normally (or ever) cook before. Dhal Curry. I am a fan of this - I'd normally ask for lots and lots and lots of this whenever I come across at Mamaks. There was an eating place in Uni which we frequented for breakfast daily and I'd laddle HEAPS on top of my choice of carb. SLURP!!! And if I have Nasi Briyani.... I'd just ask for a whole bowl to save the waiter numerous trips to refill my plate! :)

As I said - I never cook this before - so why do I choose to do it? Well, coincidently I was doing Creative Ministry with my youth and had them bake bread from a handful of flour + oil. So at the end of the lesson, they had their own bread with this Curry.
And so I did cook and shared my pot of Curry. Here's to a peaceful Malaysia (and Singapore)!

6 comments:

  1. the funny thing was...at the same time ur friends were also cooking a pot of curry in Australia :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm.. actually it was a panfull of curry. muahahhahaha.. ko masak di pan bah tu jen.. muahahah. ya, craving for curry lagi tu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. habis teda tempat mo masak bah tu..hehe.smua sudah full dengan nasi n potatoes..! i did crave for n.lemaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe.. tu lah pasal.. I was shocked (pleasantly) when found out u guys cooked curry :) Supported from a far :) Everything was super duper yummy in the apartment kan? I wonder why :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we were true malaysia there dy...we made nasi lemak...curry...and bubur ayam..!! yummy!i missed the waking up early in the morning cooking and the late nite preparing for the tomorows meal hehehe...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it's true... you can take a Malaysian out Malaysia, but you can never take Malaysia out of a Malaysian! :)

    ReplyDelete