Friday, July 22, 2011

Give Blood, Save Lives Part 2

A year ago (gosh, has it really been a year??!!), I blogged about not being able to give blood because I didn't have enough blood. A few blood donation drives came and went in the church throughout the year but there's always something that made it not possible for me to try again.

10th July came and I went this time, worried and telling a not-so-little-white-lie about my physical well-being, I passed through all the test, and the drawing of 450ml of blood, the resting, the getting-up-without-passing-out and yeay!!, I'm back to being a blood donor!! *dancing with joy*


See, my last donation date was 1998 - that's 13 yrs ago!!!! Gotta fill up this donor book moving forward!

note: They gave each successful donor a car sticker that reads "Don't hit me, I'm a blood donor". I've been cracking my head (still am) trying to figure out apalah kaitan???

4 comments:

  1. erkk..do they give a ipad if you donate blood?? :P sory..i just can't stand the sight of blood...! even if it is to fill a testtube..! *shy..

    stiker:maybe cos you are too valueble to be hit...aduhs..then shud i get one that says hit me i am not a blood donor??OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't hit me, I'm a blood donor"
    makanya, u the important person. Klu anything happen di bumi, u r among the VVIP yg akan diselamatkan. wahh..cam filem da plak..haha

    Donating blood good for health ba tu.. Amalkan setiap 4 bulan..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. last 2 months our company arranged this blood donation campaign, and me sungguh bersemangat 2 participate, even volunteer jadi organizer.. tapi me cannot donate, tidak cukup darah. i minta test 2 times, a week intervals, masih tidak cukup. ada kemungkinan kah tu hemoglobin beselindung pasal me nerves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane: Hahaha... they SHOULD have that other sticker!!! (muahahahahha - evil laugh!)

    Nite: Aku dgr, for each pint of blood u give, ko akan nait 5kgs!!! hahahaha...

    Pong: Alala... makan lots liver, bayam merah etc ya... Been there... bgong pun ada... but ok bah tu... have to eat lots iron-y things lah k!

    ReplyDelete