Friday, May 6, 2011

Carrot cake (again)

I. HATE. GRATING. ~big fat fullstop~



So, I get my helper to help me grate.


Hehehe... just kidding, he only grated the last stick :)

A colleague's birthday is coming up this Saturday, so we're having a simple cake cutting gathering today. I fall back on tried and tested recipes most of the time and I know that this cake would work well.

Another reason I chose this cake was because I was TOTALLY disappointed with the carrot slice in Secret Recipe - supper I had with a good friend after disasterous Thor! The slice had lacked the depth, the cinnamon, the moistness and the frosting was sickly sweet!

This cake again, did not dissapoint me... It smelled wonderful in the house whilst it was baking. I love the frosting on this one... Not sweet, beautifully cheesy to complement the moistness of the cake.

! baked 1 small portion for the "birthday cake", then baked the other half in cupcake liners to make it easier to bring to the office to share. Then I baked another batch for the family. Oh, and this is my first try on piping too! Doesn't look as good, but still, acceptable bah lah kan?


Will definate bake this again (wait till my helper is strong enough to grate 4 full cups of carrot that is! Haha!)

4 comments:

  1. hahahha.. cepat juga tindakan ko dy. u said, mau buat weekend.

    bila mau buka bakeria (bakery yang riang ria) yg mcm di Sibu tu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it' weren't for the birthday mate, nang i won't be bothered ;) the bday gave me a reason to put my lazy bones to work! :)

    Adeh... bila lah mau buka bakery riang ria ni kan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mana bakery yg riang ria d sibu?

    dy, owh ini post bikin me mau p makan cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... tiada bakery riang ria di sibu... there was a shop that only had satu mixing machine and 2 ovens and it was selling fresh bakes to passer bys. Trus me fall in love with the concept... so simple and yet so laku (not really coz of the yummyness; but more coz of the warm bakes and the alluring aroma)

    ReplyDelete