Friday, July 28, 2017

Murud 2017 - 1

As usual, the blog gets updated in July every alternate year :)  At least it is still active right?  And I try to update, so that in 2 years to come, I have something to refer to (if I decide to go again that is)  But I don't know how long this updating will take... I am actually at a lost on what to talk about.
 
Some of our boxes of ration.  Total 7 boxes - 4 for mountain + 3 for Kampung.  Yes, I agree with Barb. I think we over bought our supply this year (or is it because the group we travelled with were small eaters or the place we stayed in did not provide condusive eating environment?
And as usual, the days crept on me till I realized it was only 1 more month away from BKM/Murud trip.  And no, I have not prepared myself in any way - spiritually, physically or mentally.  Time to buckle up (how much can you buckle within one month??!!)
 
This time, I had to "take care" of 2 of us - Noel and me.  Not an easy task.  My trustworthy sidekick from 2013 (Lyd) was not able to join last minute.  Thankfully and with God's mercy, Barb was there to crack head with me.  5 of us arrived via plane.  3 via road.
On the way to the house.  This old man's "umbrella/hat" is sooooo cute!

As promised to Apu Neng in 2015, here's Noel to meet her.  I thank God it wasn't too late.
First Tea Time when we arrived.  We had so many visitors

First Meal in kampung courtesy of Aunty Alui... don't play play these folks... all their pots, pans, dishes are of high quality!

Complete team having dinner together.  The boys + Mdm arrived at around 4pm.  Nuba laya of course was the staple for Noel and I.
I had come to Murud feeling a bit empty.  Didn't know what to expect, but longing for that same feeling when I left - that strong presence of God.  Of being in that thin place.  To just sit and be silent at His feet.  But somehow, that desire weren't as strong as when I went back the 2nd time in 2015.  I wondered why.

1 comment: