Monday, January 7, 2013

Kumbayah, my Lord, Comebyhere

Happy New Year!! Never to late I reckon (or is it, better late than never?)


I fell in love with a "she" way back in my sunday school days... and I'm still in love with her - though she might be different now.


I had the grandest time of my 20s for two months on the ship, 10 years ago... albeit she was a different ship altogether...


Yet, my heart still aches with longing to be on her, to be with her, to be someone, just myself, where no one cares about the "land" you - yes, that's right, just to be the "sea-self"...


She's a beauty.  The Lord of the Land and the Sea whom each and everyone on board serves is a Beauty.


I was privileged to be able to be with the ship when she was in Kuching port for 2 weeks.  There I bought a poster of her, and on it inscribed "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Yes, this is be the year of lots of waiting, lots of sitting at His feet, lots of zipping one's mouth (and hopefull lots of dress zippers too!)  Terribly afraid but giddily excited with what the year will have in store for all of us!

Kumbayah, my Lord, Kumbayah!

note:  macam mana mau kasi cure ini rindumacammaumati sama that beautiful "she" :(

2 comments:

  1. ooo..darling, how we wait upon the Lord. we'll just push forward the faith kan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. recently Logos Hope had to turn back from their journey to Taiwan and return to HK coz of some piping issues. I guess, it's like that kan? we just move on to the "next port" in our lives, while we wait on Him - being very sure, either here, or there - He will still be there, and be with us along the way. yes, just have to push on forward Luv! :)

    ReplyDelete