Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mango Fish

Just simply because I have not posted anything... gastronomical for ages, and also because I've took photos of these with a possible blog post in mind, I just have to do this entry :)

This is Mango Fish from our fav seafood place at TopSpot (I think the name of the stall is ABC?) - yes, fav but I don't know the actual name of the stall because we just call it as Ah Seng (the boss's name)


One sweet day, Noel (as usual, he's the culprit of me trying new things!) requested for me to cook this at home. Cracking my head (as usual), an image of a well known thai sauce appeared in my head (scary huh?). So I went hunting for the sauce and got it (albeit the bottle way too big for 1st trial!). Then got the fish and the mango. I just had to deep fry the fish (I used red talapia here). For the sauce, super easy. Slice thinly shallots and mango, fry 1/2 of the shallot, pour in the thai chilli sauce till boil, dump in mango and remainder shallots. Voila!


Despite the lack of green (as deco), the fish came almost near the benchmark of our fav spot! And it got Noel's seal of approval too :) Pay attention to the bottle of Thai Sauce - that's the secret to this dish!


Since there's still quite a lot of sauce, I decided to cook this for our CNY eve dinner as well. And though CNY has long gone, here's our CNY reunion dinner spread, just as a feast to our eyes at this point of time! :) And oh yes... all these were for 5 adults and 2 children only! Pigs! Haha! (don't worry, we still had leftovers, which we happily ate on the next few meals)


See the mango fish at bottom left? :) Yes, yes, we had 2 fishes for the dinner! One steamed, one mango. And we had steamboat and kangkung belacan (I had to wash the kangkung over and over and over, due to my phobia of this yummy vege!)


Our dining table is too small!... So we had to put the food at the side counter! Hahah... Grilled lamb, lamb shank stew (this was given by a church member to my dad), prawn and honeydew salad, grilled 3-layer pork, beef curry, sambal sotong, satay (and the condiments).

Give that mango fish dish a try... it's really worth yummy!

3 comments:

  1. because tetiba teringat all the chaos of the reunion dinner kan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah...tetiba ingat all the good fuddddddddddd!

    ReplyDelete