Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Skirtless...

Happy New YEAR 2011 everyone!!!!!
Can't deny it's good to be back to familiarity... but... those "holy"days were REALLY good - not a concern on one's mind! It's really good to be away once in a while.

Sadly, after the long break, I am now rendered skirtless.... thanks to hateful little creatures.... SANDFLIES!!!!


I've never had so much of a problem with sandflies before... but this trip... :( both my legs are covered with bites! And THE ITCH!!!!! OHMEGOODNESS!!!!!! If I can peel off my skin / flesh to stop the itchy, I would!

So here I go cracking my head how to mix and match my limited collection of office wear pants. I think it will take about a month? :( Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!!! Any suggestions on how to get rid of the scar super fast??

note: a tip i read - apply lots of coconut oil as repellent - sandflies hates coconut oil - but too late for me - the damage is done :(

5 comments:

  1. awww bad!
    jane's aunty told me that, there's a lot of sandflies in Bario too, but not during the rainy season. so, no, i was spared from that nasty bugs. sorry, i've no knowledge of any sandfly bites remedies

    ReplyDelete
  2. di kampung tia banyak.. but at the Merarap Hot Spring (in lawas), fuh, giler babes banyak! Very very nasty!

    I've read Calamine helps with the itch and pain - so got one from our inhouse clinic, and yes!!! it works!!! Sungguh best tia gatal (Calamine apparently is good for any kind of itch - including chicken pox) - magic portion to keep handy ;)

    Jane told me that Minyak Gamat works for the scars!!! She said that helps in Bario. Belum lagi beli - kena cari laini where to get... Another magic portion to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup minyak gamat is the best....go get ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hepi New Year Dy...heeh

    hem, teruk juga oo..hem, sapu obat..tapi saya pon tak tau obat apa. Pengalaman cuma kena gigit pacat saja tapi besanya kena kasi biar sendiri akan baik...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nite - happy new year :)

    Hehhehe... i think minyak gamat lah obat nya... tapi aku belum gik p carik :P teruk sik :)

    ReplyDelete